Friday, October 22, 2010

5 servings of Veges Everyday! Green Grocer's Gemüsepfanne

Dearies,




Looks nice and healthy isn't it? :) So appetizing
hmmm, the veges looked nicely chopped too,  

well I didn't cut it myself :P


Let me introduce to you these packs of frozen veges that I love! Its from Green Grocer's, it comes in 4 different types of flavour but so far I've only tried 3; Italian, Mexican and Asian. I know some of you out there will argue that it is not as good as fresh but there were studies done which showed that there is not much difference in nutritional value as these veges were frozen immediately after harvest and some are even fresher than the fresh ones that have been lying around in the supermarket for far too long.

Anyway for me its the conveniece, though I can't say that I'm busy ;P but these packs really do come in handy when you want variety, something fast, nice and easy. I do have my fresh staples of potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and salads. The problem I have encountered when I buy tons of veges, is that you can't keep them for long, and when theres only 2 people eating and sometimes 1, you just end up throwing most of it away as they just go back so fast.





Mexican style
Perfect as a side to pita, tacos and nachos



Italian style
As a side or you can eat with hot toast
drizzled with olive oil



Asian style

Perfect for stir fry to eat with rice
or to put in clear soups
*the bamboo shoot has a unique smell ;D


I hope that you are craving for veges now :D well its a good start ~ ~



Tata for now. *Bis dann, tschuss!!  :))
*Until then, bye!


1 comment:

  1. oooo....that makes eating veg so much easier and more flavourful too. Perhaps if I look hard enough I may find it in the supermarts here too.
    For now, back to cutting veg all by myself ;(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...