Thursday, October 21, 2010

What I had for dinner yesterday ~ Easy Peasy Spaghetti Bolognese

Dearies,

Thought of sharing with you how I made my spaghetti bolognaise yesterday. It was soooo easy and yes I used the tomata pasta sauce from the bottle. This is definitely beginners level :P


What I use:

- 2 big onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bottle tomato pasta sauce (750gm)
-200ml water for sauce
- 1/2 pack of spaghetti (250gm)
-400gm mince meat
-2 tablespoon olive oil to fry onions
- Sprinkles of salt, pepper n basil to taste
- Handful of coriander, chopped and few strand for garnishing




Onions and garlic chopped


Lets begin! :)

SAUCE
-Heat up pan/pot, add olive oil
-Add garlic, onions and stir fry
Tip: Always stor fry onions until they are translucent and you can smell the sweet aroma
-Add the tomato pasta sauce, whole bottle
-Add 200ml of water, stir
-Add in mince meat, cover and let it cook, stirring occasionally
-Once its cooked, add chopped coriander
-Add salt, pepper and basil to taste
-The sauce is ready!!!


PASTA
-Boil water, add dash salt and a little bit of oil
-Add spaghetti, the water should cover most of it, the top part of the spaghetti will slide down once its cooked
-Around 15 minutes on medium heat, test the spaghetti to make sure it is cooked just right
Tip: Make sure the spaghetti is cooked al dente, not too soft and mushy or hard. One way is of course to taste it or you can throw a strand on the wall and it is supposed to stick, Yeh I tried on my ceramic wall and it sticks! hehehe :P
-Drain the water out and leave some, in case its too dry you can add a teaspoon of the spaghetti water
-Add a teaspoon of butter on a bowl and pour the spaghetti into it and mix well



Now it is ready to be served, garnish with a sprig of coriander :D









Tata for now~ more updates on food coming up!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm look delis!
    I was told by an aunt who told me that a chef fr a restaurant told her to make a bolog spaghetti, add slices of celery to the tomato sauce and heat on low heat till celery kinda 'dissolves'. That's how I have been makin my spaghetti. That makes it well balanced diet with the veg in it.
    I make the tomato sauce from scratch though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the tip! will definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...