Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fashion Life savers!

Dearies,

Today I am going to share with you the  fashion life savers for Muslimah :) in the swarm of
gorgeous sleveeless, cap sleeve dresses and tops and basically anything that are not long sleeve and just looks simply too pretty to forget ;) Bet you have been in that situation many times! What I always go to is -----------> ok the cardigan/ blazers (bit warm and covers the pretty dress), long sleeve t-shirt to be worn inside (too warm as well and you don't want the extra bulk) ------------------> Yes it is the SHRUG!!! which is a chopped off version of the cardigan, that covers the shoulder and top part of you body,  this is definitely something that you will Never 'shrug it off your shoulder' ;) *especially if you live in warm climate countries.



Neutral coloured shrugs that will match everything!
Black shrug from Club Marc, dark grey and brown shrug from Sutherland and dress from Promod

As you can see I prefer to choose neutral colours as to me the main purpose of the shrug most of the time is for aurat sake, just to cover the arms and the focus is on the dress. These shrugs can be worn inside or over the dress, usually I will wear them inside if I don't want the dress to look too busy and the chest area is going to be covered with scarf anyway. But of course wearing them outside will be nice too to add dimension and contrast to the dress. As I was typing this I had a DIY idea, if you can't seem to find these shrugs near your place what you can do is to just Cut your plain long sleeve t-shirt in half just leaving the top part and Voila! you have made yourself your own shrug or mini T! :D

Note: There are shrugs in shops that simply just cover the shoulder and arms and you can't button them up and that to me is the down-side as it will just slide off and not secure basically not hijabi friendly, so be sure to choose one that buttons or that you can tie in front.
Tip: Sometimes the neckline of your top or dress is so Low that even the shrug will not cover the front, so what I normally do, I know it sounds crazy ;P I wear them back to front coz the back is always higher......hehe.

Tata for now! Happy shrugging or DIYing your old plain Ts~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...