Sunday, October 17, 2010

The New Little Black Dress is GRAY!!!

Dearies,

I love Saturday as it is normally my Shopping Day!!! I was determined to get a new dress to add to my collection, and so I went straight to Mango coz I am so in love with a lot of their dresses atm. Oh how I love FALL! Totally hijabi friendly, short and long dresses with long sleeves and full lining and most of it even comes with their own unique cute belt. I was like walking on clouds as I stepped into the store with hopes as high as the Burj.


But all my hopes were crushed as soon as I stepped out of the fitting room! Sad to say, none of it did fit me well. What a bummer! The reason being, these dresses (I tried on 4) are chockful of gathers, tucks, pleats and what not. And so if you have your own natural curves, all these added details are just going to clash. In other words, I look like a Total mess!

I moved on and as I was walking on the 'My Zeil' street, I saw this new shop that just opened, overnight! Its called 'Black Metal'...what?! anyway I stepped in and it was definitely not a rockers shop or whatever, I was quite impressed with its wide collection of outer wear, nice nice blazers, coats, cardigans and other basic stuffs at reasonable prices. I stepped out with a nice Red blazer and a big smile on my face :D

Dropped by  Zara that was just like a war zone with clothes strewn everywhere and the same old stock of clothes. Tip: its better to go Zara on a weekday. And so the journey continued to Promod in 'My Zeil'. I have a Very good relationship with Promod, so far it never disappoints :D I found the most simple yet elegant and versatile grey A-line dress. Good material, silky cotton with a sheen to it and black lace like border at the bottom and sprinkles of sparkles, in an understated way. Its a gem!

The best part, the blazing red blazer looks good with the dress!! Yey!


Chic & Jeune red blazer, Promod grey dress
*Simply chic and elegant when u pair it with black leggings and knee high black or brown leather

OR you can make it casual and fun like below!

Chic & Jeune red blazer, Promod grey dress, Only 'boyfriend' jeans,
Black scarf with grey border,
Nicola De' Cavoti pistachio colour loafers

Preppy look with the messenger bag!

Louis Vuitton Odeon MM

I found this article on MSN lifestyle as I was surfing today, "The New Little black dress is Grey" hence the title of my post today! http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/everyday-style/staticslideshowrb.aspx?cp-documentid=25767919#q=The%20New%20Little%20Black%20Dress...Is%20Gray%3A%20Keep%20it%20clean%20%28and%20elegant%29%20

Tata for now and get that Little Grey Dress (LGD)! :P


1 comment:

  1. ooo the red is certainly an eye popper. I tot grey and red goes hand in hand more than black do. I suggest you accessorize with a long string of pearls? Or a brooch to break the block colour.

    Close up of the loafer please and the dress too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...