Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nightwalk in Frankfurt - Opera house, Goethestrasse

Dearies,

After having hot chocolate and chewy choc chip at Starbucks, where else (did u guess correctly? :P), Im so addicted to it, we (me n husb :D) decided to take a walk around Goethestrasse and all the way to the Opera House. In exactly 2 months I will be heading back to Singapore for good. Going to miss this place so much!! But at the same time really excited to go back coz I miss home~ ie family, friends and food!! :D

If you happen to go to Frankfurt and is seriously in need of luxury branded stuff this is the street to be. Goethestrasse, where you can get your Chanel, Prada, LV, Gucci, Burberry, Tiffany, Ferragamo and many more. It is one of my favourite street for Obvious reason :) But I was sorely disappointed when I found out they have no Miu Miu and the Prada store was almost invisible and they took almost a year to finally open its big boutique, which they just did few weeks ago. And if you are looking for Balenciaga, nope, nowehere to be found! That is the thing that I now appreciate in small city Singapore, we might be tiny in size but we do have Everything! Just drop any brand names, and we definitely have it, and not just 1 pathetic store. I have even lost count on the number of LV stores we have in Orchard Road alone.

Oh how I miss Orchard Road! It is shopping paradise indeed! Yeah, we may lack the ancient architecture but our abundance store more than makes up for those hungry shoppers, hungry for the latest trends and also literally Hungry after all the shopping, and when it comes to satisfying all kinds of food cravings, our food scene rarely disappoints.




Beautiful commerze bank
Yes, there are many banks here and they all look this good


Opera House


Cafes along the Opera House


No, I did not see any coins in the fountain
Frankfurters are practical people :P


More cafes


Hey wait! Takes 5 quick steps back!

Isn't that MIU MIU?!
Are my eyes playing tricks on me in the middle of this chilly night? *Spooks
There is no denying, the ruched detail, though Prada has that too, the new turn lock thingy

IT IS MIU MIU!

So it seems after the opening of the big Prada boutique, they decided to give their old space to their little sister Miu Miu. So basically they just change the name. Well seems that Frankfurt is moving up a notch, whatever, just when I'm leaving.



Drools at bag~


Doesn't this look like the Mulberry Alexa?

Mulberry Alexa in Oak
Drool~

This bag has been haunting me for quite some time now!


Am seriously considering of getting it since I will be going to London this Nov and Mulberry is after all born in England. But, first what I need right now is a black bag and based on the pictures I've seen the black alexa is the most boring, the black is totally dead, I prefer the grape (blue) colour
(Match with what?).

Second, I've seen, in pictures too, coz I've yet to meet this Alexa (the bag not the person) in real life, and based on what I see, when you put stuff inside (of coz u need to put stuff in the bag) the bag will sag in a weird way where the flap is kinda open at the sides, it looks messy and not classy at all :(
I can't exactly try that out at the stores can I
(Hey lady! (salesgirl) can I put my 10 kg junk into the bag to see if it will work? :P)

Anyways, thats all for tonight, I hope you enjoy the nightwalk around Goethestrasse and thank you for reading the dilemma in my head :P For those readers who have some thoughts on it, feel Free to comment :) I would Really LOVE to read your comments!




Tata for now, bis dann tschuss! :))








1 comment:

  1. Just go for the classics rather than the newbies. Go for the channel! I will save up for Dior.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...