Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sunset in Morocco...

Dearies,

I had the opportunity to spend the last week of Ramadhan and Eid in Rabat, Morocco this year, my first time. The weather was quite hot! Coming from Frankfurt :D Some days it was even hotter than back home in Singapore. The sun just seemed to be shining extra bright and on top of fasting, so I stayed mostly indoors and went out at night after iftar and terawih prayers.

The atmosphere was really festive especially at the Medina, city. It was packed  every single night! There is no leisure walk to soak in the atmosphere (smoky air from the barbecued sausages) as you have to push your way among the crowd and it was almost impossible for me to snap any pictures! Just go, get what we need and leave.

Street food is the BEST! Here in the medina, you can find the best sausages or sardines stuffed in pita bread served with lots of coriander and onions (Now I know why Mint tea is a staple.....hehe). The freshly squeezed orange juice, I can gulp 2 tall glasses each time and avocado juice mix with anything you want, my favourite is avocado and mango :D

I will call it the city that never sleeps or at least in Ramadan coz all the cafes are packed and roads jammed even after midnight. Basically everywhere is crowded. People everywhere, family having a picnic at night and kids running around like theres no tomorrow..

However I find Eid in Morocco to be a quiet family affair (though I was there for only 2 days of Eid :))compared to back home in Singapore where we celebrate it for a month! Yes! A whole month of endless visiting relatives and friends and gorging on delicious traditional food, cakes and cookies. Whatever pounds u lose from fasting, you put back on and Even more! But who can resist ;)

So here are some pictures that I managed to snap without me in it :P



Moroccan escargot
*good for erm health
Cooked in 100+ herbs
I found the soup to be too spicy in a herbal way



Only managed to take this picture in the car
as we reached the medina


On Eid


Oudaya


Simply love the refreshing Blue!


Antique doors


As we walked through the maze of houses


To get to this!


Beautiful sunset


Next day


To the beach for picnic!


Where the Desert meets the sea~


Sunset over the Atlantic Ocean
~Romantic~




Tata for now~~ Hope you enjoyed the brief tour :)

See u again, take care!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...